Nov 12, 2011

Disclaimer

As the first couple of blogs in this section begin, let me be the first to say; I am not a scientist, a hippie, a mother, or a judger (usually). I am a fairly rational (don't tell my boyfriend) down to earth girl who just wants us to all be as healthy as we can while we make choices, yes some hard ones, every day to take care of our planet. If everyone has all the information in the world and decides to do things differently than I would… cheers, that’s what makes the world go round (well unless you are choosing to not take care of this planet I share with you). There is an abundance of information that most people don’t have or have time to have. There are so many choices and options that are easier to make than people have been mislead to think, that I can’t help but put the tiny bit in my head out there, so the 6 people reading this have more information. It just feels good to have more information, doesn't it?!  

I will try to highlight things and information that make sense, some of the products might be expensive, some of the information might seem unnecessary, but my only attempt is to open a door and get the hamster wheel turning. Information is only what you make of it. Again, I say, I am not a mother and am a fair baby sitter at best, although I sense my skills will be put to the test in the coming year. However, I do know that nothing is as easy as it looks from the outside, so I promise to try to keep that in mind when writing.

As well, I am a rational individual, who enjoys bud lights and Philly cheese steaks more than your average frat guy. And $600 shoes look pretty to me for me no reason and make me feel like Victoria Beckham until I take one upright step or think about who made them and where. I make mistakes every day that affect myself and the environment negatively, and I don’t ever expect to get to a point where I don’t. But what I do try hard to maintain is balance; a balance of information and trends, a balance of the most important things I can do and what is out of the question, a balance in what I can expect from others and what I don’t know about those outside my world. I am just fumbling along like everyone else, but I really believe that we can all fumble our way through this together, taking responsibilities when appropriate and allowing ourselves to change what seems like irreplaceable routines at first … becoming more aware of ourselves, our environment and our affects on both. 

Like so many other areas of life, the more you know, the better your children will be taken care of and the more every child around you will know.

So, here goes ... I will try not to bore you, but if it happens, just click on over to the next entry because more than likely I bored myself right out of the chair and found something more exciting to write about. All the topics won't be yawn worthy or scary, there will be many funny, inappropriate, shopping inspiring write-a-thons too!


Love in Green,  
the ecofashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment